Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Monday, 17 August, 2009

It is 10:08 PM. I am in my room marking examination scripts for my University of Malawi students. I teach two courses at Chancellor College (Introduction to Journalism and Writing Skills).

There is a picture of my love on the bed. She is looking at me and smiling. She looks really beautiful.

But beyond that, it is wonderful to discover that she has a beautiful character too: open, thoughtful, and working towards happiness, always. I am really proud to be associated with you, my love.

Here, I am also thinking how you and me will spend Christmas. Let this be a special Christmas because, for the first time in my working life, I am free on Christmas. It is strange but I must accept this and find what to do on the day.

The phrase is: “I am all yours, take me where you want.”

The day has been nice. Got to know Germany more and more. The people here don’t forget that Berlin was once divided into two: West and East. There was a wall that symbolised the boundary between two systems: Communism on the East and Capitalism on the West. But the wall fell down and the people are one, once more. Yet they are mindful of their history.

Our guide did something wonderful today. She took us in the morning and did almost that in the afternoon but left us midway and said here is a shopping centre, do what you want and ride a train back to the hotel.

I was with my Nigerian friend Atiku Akiru, a young person with a reasonable understanding of postcolonial societies. I am yet to ask how far he went with education. But I am well pleased with his understanding of these issues.

I am listening to an interesting song.

Don’t be afraid
To feel this way
Lord gonna make you understand
It’s called faith


I am enjoying it all. I hope you are enjoying yourself as well and that you are eagerly awaiting my coming.

I love you and you are the one I am waiting to see.

Keep well and stay in touch.

No comments: