Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday, 22 August, 2009

It is 7:15 in the morning and I have just finished talking with my love. She called from Malawi. Wonderful, isn’t it?

I am a Seventh Day Adventist and my plan is to go to church this morning and appreciate God’s nature in the afternoon as part of worship, a praise to higher powers called God, the author and sustainer of life—all life on earth and elsewhere.

But as I am learning, the congregation I was supposed to join meets at 2 pm. My task is to hunt for one that meets in the morning.

After a week’s hard work, I need some rest; after an academically high week, I need to remember that I am a human being, created in the image of God. It is very important. We all worship, whatever and however.

The weather remains cloudy. Not sure if it is going to rain. But it is warm and I am enjoying every bit of my stay here. Yet I miss home.

Then how come I am enjoying at the same time missing home? Isn’t this contradictory? Well, the human mind is complicated enough to live a contradictory life just as I have been thinking about church yet reflecting on the call from Malawi.

I will be back on these pages soon, when I have issues to write.

No comments: